I don't really like updating when there isn't anything to talk about, so that's why I didn't feel like updating the site during December, apparently.
A few things have gone on, I guess. I could tell you about them.
So I took the LSAT again. And apparently they got the scores done early. I got the same score as last time. A 162 is quite respectable, I guess. It's just that I'd like to go to Iowa, where the median incoming score is 163. Frankly my GPA is nowhere up to snuff to get in there. Naset keeps telling me that since I'm a sciences guy and had a year out in the real world they'd love to have guys like me in there. I dunno, though. While I'm not quite sure about my place in the real world, I really don't want the super-duper stress of school again.
I've mainly spent a lot of time playing WOW. I guess that's why not much is going on. I got my main up to 60, but maybe I did that in the previous post. I've been playing on my Hunter alt. She was my banker. Well, she still is. But see, in the latest patch they changed the rules for disenchanting stuff. Previously, an enchanter (a profession you can choose to have) could disenchant any kind of high-level armor and crap. Now they've changed it so you have to have a certain amount of enchanting skill per level of item you want to disenchant. So my banker, who disenchants all the crap I can't use, needed to gain enchanting skill.
Of course, this brought another problem: you need to have a certain level to get a certain amount of profession skill. Professions go on a range of 1-300. So for example, to have more than 150 enchanting you have to be level 20. To have more than 225 enchanting you've got to be level 35. So I'm at level 23 right now I think. Actually I'm hoping to take this character to 60 before the expansion comes out since I foresee enchanting being very profitable. At least I hope it's profitable; with the new rules causing a dearth of items being disenchanted, the raw materials for enchanting (created by the disenchanting process) have gotten a lot more expensive. Leveling enchanting is proving to be a very capital-intensive project.
Christmas went OK. I couldn't find a goddamned cordless electric can opener for my sister. Most places didn't seem to stock them, and the places that did were always sold out. Damn. Aside from hooking my sister up with a set of bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths, I nabbed a kickass 4-slice toaster that had 2 really long slots so you can toast all kinds of shit in there. I'm sure she'll like it.
I had a great idea for my mom. My sister and I went to Sears and got a portrait taken of us, framed it up, and gifted it. I thought it might be a bit self-centered, but mom teared up pretty damn good. I have no idea how in the hell we're going to top that next year. Maybe if Black & Decker makes a hand-held kitchen gadget that opens cans, bottles, mixes, blends, chops, cooks, and freezes leftovers.
I bought myself a DVD player that also plays DivX movies. I've never owned an official DVD player before. It's also got HDMI output so it's somewhat future-proof.
- I'm sick of seeing the Sinclair/Mediacom shit. I don't care who wins. Anything on Fox I want to watch I could just download anyhow.
- I think Iowa Student Loan has fucked up my automatic payments. I got a couple overdraft notices from my credit union. They've taken a couple of payments out of my checking account lately instead of my savings account. I have to call them tomorrow to ensure this sort of shit doesn't keep happening. For the payments where I don't know which account they came out of, I deducted them from both just in case. When I get my quarterly statement for December I'll verify that they didn't come out of my savings account, which means I have more money than I think I do. Or something.
- I also need to call my two previous employers to make sure my W-2's are sent to my new address.
- Money is tight, due to the holidays, but I did manage to sock away a little tiny bit more for the car. I'm still on track for a February / March purchase.
- Work is busy. We're in the bug-fixing phase of our new development. It's quite a challenge to fix bugs quickly and without sacrificing good coding practices.
- I really like the song the Absolut commercial. Also the Hennessey V.S. Cognac commercial.
- My weight has stabilized. I'm going to get that back on track.
- New Years Eve was icy and snowy, so I stayed in. I planned on drinking myself silly and playing WOW. Instead I played a few hours of WOW, got a headache and a stomach ache, so I didn't get drunk at all.
- I was kinda lonely around christmas time, but that passed.
- My sleep cycle is messed up again.
- The front steps need de-iced. Don't camp out there unless you're wearing golf spikes or enjoy head trauma.
- The Wario Wii game comes out soon. I need to get that. Also the Mooby-meal Clerks 2 special edition.
- I didn't get a pepper mill for christmas, so I want to buy one soon. Also Alton Brown's salt container.
- The hatch on my car isn't latching properly. I'm going to try some WD-40.
I'll make a page on Blaine's Computer soon.
The dentist and I talked about insurance and the like. He said it's A-OK to wait till August to get my crown. Awesome.